HOLY CROSS ARMENIAN CHURCH ISTANBUL

ARMENIAN SURP HAÇ CHURH - USKUDAR ISTANBUL

About Holy Cross Surp Hac Armenian Church
Holy Cross Surp Hac Armenian Church Istanbul
The church was opened in 1676. In 1882 a stone bell tower was built at the entrance of the church. There are five doors and an upper gallery in the church. The roof is cylindrical in basilica style and wooden.

In 1831 two cisterns were built in the courtyard of the church. In 1930 a fountain was built.

The church's meeting rooms, saloons and adjacent buildings were rebuilt in 1950 by renowned philanthropist Kalust Gülbengyan.
The church was built in 1676 and repaired in 1727, 1779, 1781, 1782, 1785, 1790, 1808 and 1998.






Location of Surp Hac Armenian Church
Address - Selamsız, Kozanoğlu Sok. No: 1, 34664 Üsküdar
Tel: (0216) 553-0250
Faks: (0216) 343-9802

No comments:

Post a Comment