SURP TAKAVOR ARMENIAN CHURCH - ISTANBUL

Armenian Church of Surp Takavor Istanbul, Turkey

About Surp Takavor Church
It was opened in 1722. The church was called Surp Asdvadzadzin as its first priority.
After a great fire in 1855, it was reopened in 1858 and the Church was named after Surp Takavor after this day. In the same year, Hamazasbyan school and Muradyan school of girls were established in the church hunt.
In 2007, the bell tower was rebuilt. Garabet Muradyan and his wife Hatun Muradyan are buried in two separate tombs in Avlu.

Armenian Church of Surp Takavor Turkey

Location of Surp Takavor Armenian Church
Address: Muvakkithane Cad. No: 44/1, 34710 Kadıköy
Tel: (0216) 336-0166
Faks:(0216) 337-4789
E-mail: surptakavor@ttmail.com

HOLY CROSS ARMENIAN CHURCH ISTANBUL

ARMENIAN SURP HAÇ CHURH - USKUDAR ISTANBUL

About Holy Cross Surp Hac Armenian Church
Holy Cross Surp Hac Armenian Church Istanbul
The church was opened in 1676. In 1882 a stone bell tower was built at the entrance of the church. There are five doors and an upper gallery in the church. The roof is cylindrical in basilica style and wooden.

In 1831 two cisterns were built in the courtyard of the church. In 1930 a fountain was built.

The church's meeting rooms, saloons and adjacent buildings were rebuilt in 1950 by renowned philanthropist Kalust Gülbengyan.
The church was built in 1676 and repaired in 1727, 1779, 1781, 1782, 1785, 1790, 1808 and 1998.






Location of Surp Hac Armenian Church
Address - Selamsız, Kozanoğlu Sok. No: 1, 34664 Üsküdar
Tel: (0216) 553-0250
Faks: (0216) 343-9802

SURP GARABED ARMENIAN CHURH - ISTANBUL

Armenian Surp Garabed Church,Üskudar, Istanbul

Opened in 1593
Repaired in 1617, 1727, 1844, 1888, 2006

Armenian Surp Garabed Church,Üskudar, Istanbul

Location of Surp Garabed Armenian Church
Address - Bağlarbaşı, Yeni Mahalle Vasiyet Sok. No: 6/3, 34664 Üsküdar
Tel: (0216) 553-3819
Faks: (0216) 391-4362

ARMENIAN CHURCH OF SAINT GREGORY THE ILLUMINATOR - ISTANBUL

Armenian Church Of Saint Gregory The Illuminator ( Surp Krikor Lusavoriç Armenian Church ) Istanbul, Turkey

Built and Opened - 1835
Architect -  Ohannes Amira Serverian

Kuzguncuk Armenian Church Istanbul, Church Of Saint Gregory The Illuminator Surp Krikor LusavoriçThis church is situated next to Kuzgunjuk quay. It has a rectangular ground plan and consists of three sections and a narthex. The walls consist of unhewn Stone and double rows of brick. The roof consists of a central dome, supported on four large pillars. On either side of the vaulted entrance is a room with an apse. The church has five doors, over the main door being a five line Armenian inscription. The church is well lit. On the large arch is inscribed an Armenian prayer. There are two doors on either side or three large Windows each to the left, to the right and over the entrance. As one enters the main door on the left there is an old oil painting of Saint Gregory the Illuminator. The church is also lit by skylights in the semi dome to the east. The church has an inscription and was repaired in 2003-2004.

The pyramidal, domed belfry surmounted by a cupola is located immediately behind the apse to the east of the church. The stairs built in 1944 lead up to the chair gallery on the northeast side.
As in all Armenian churches the apse is roofed by a semi dome. Over the North and South walls, about a meter from the floor and 10 centimeter depth are Byzantine style pseudo Windows containing paintings of saints. The upper part of the altar is gilded

Location and Photos of Kuzguncuk Armenian Church
Status - Active
Location - Çarşı Cad. No: 49, Kuzguncuk
Tel: (0216) 341-5002
E-mail: info@surpkrikorlusavoric.com
Web: www.surpkrikorlusavoric.com